In-House Jewelry Repair Service-25 Years Experience
by GIA Graduate Gemologist Owner
Our jewelry repair department can fix almost every type of jewelry from fine to fashion jewelry. Our IN-HOUSE professional jewelry repair team is headed up by a co-owner, Rich Para, GIA Graduate Gemologist. Rich has a comprehensive knowledge of the jewelry industry with over 25 years experience as a bench repair jeweler. Rich was introduced to jewelry making by his father, who loved Lapidary jewelry–working with gemstones. He began working with jewelry tools and creating jewelry in high school. Shortly after he and his father and began making jewelry professionally.
Fast forward to today–Rich has received his gemology degree from the Gemological Institute of America, GIA, the leading source of knowledge, standards, and education in gems and jewelry. He has done fine jewelry repairs and jewelry appraisals in DeKalb County for 25 years.
While you wait-Watch battery replacement
& band adjustment service
Fine Jewelry Repairs
- Chains repairs & soldered
- Replace Clasps
- Resize Rings
- Inspect and repair prongs to keep stones secure in their settings including re-tipping prongs or replacing prongs
- Stone Heads replaced
- Ring Shanks replaced
- Remountings of gemstones
- Stone tightened
- Stone Replacement
- Earring Repair
- Restring or Knot pearls (includes Add-a-Pearl), and precious gemstones
- Polishing and cleaning
- Watch battery Replacement usually while you wait
- Watch band replacement usually while you wait
- Watch links removed or added usually while you wait
- Restringing of beaded necklaces, bracelets, etc
- Knotting of pearls, gemstones etc.
We offer on-site appraisal services. Rates are per piece, larger estates per hourly quotes. Our jewelry appraisal services include Insurance replacement values and Personal assurance.